This is a way to help those of you who are learning how to reset Windows 10 computer without losing personal files and settings, or clean your Windows 10 Laptop so it looks like a new computer (fresh install) without any applications/software, personal files and settings. One tutorial to reset Windows 10 PC using Reset this PC’ on Windows 10.
Reset this PC is a useful feature to help all Windows 10 users to reset their computer/wipe this notebook, which may be due to an error that you don’t know about & you also can’t fix the error on the laptop. In this way of resetting windows there are two options: first, save your personal files or delete all contents of the laptop.
How to Reset Windows 10 PC/Laptop
Before you Reset Windows 10 Laptop, make sure you have backups and important file documents. Then, take a look at the step by step instructions to reset Windows 10 computer, and do it this way.
1. Go to Start >> Settings and select Updates & security.
2. Select tab Recovery and then click on the button Get started from Reset this PC.
3. You will have two options to choose from:
#1–Keep my files: This option will delete applications and settings, but keep your personal files.
#2–remove everything: this option will delete everything on your computer, leaving your computer fresh, clean, just like when you first installed Windows 10 without any personal files and settings.
4. If you have selected the option #1it will direct you to step #6below this.
If you select the option #2he will ask you”Do you want to clean the drives, too?Do you want to clean the drive, too?”. In this step, you can select “Just remove my filesJust delete my files” or “Remove files and clean the driveDelete files and clean drive”.
5. A warning message will be displayed on your screen: “. This PC was recently upgraded to Windows 10. If you Reset your PC, you will not be able to cancel the upgrade and go back to a previous version of Windows.“What’s it?
This means if you recently upgraded your current Windows (Windows 7 or Windows 8) to Windows 10 in less than 30 days, then the previous Windows is stored as the Windows.old folder in your main storage. If you wipe your computer and delete all the files on the laptop, you will not be able to cancel the upgrade or revert to a previous version of Windows.
If that’s not a problem, then click on the button Next.
6. Just click on the Reset button to reset your Windows 10 computer. Windows will restart and the process will start. It will take a few minutes to reset your computer.
When the reset process is complete, you will be able to use your Windows 10 computer again. Take your time to check if the error is still there or gone.
I hope this article on Teknodeals can help you learn how to reset Windows 10 on a laptop. If you found this article useful, then share it with your friends and other Windows 10 users.