The internet is currently being shocked by the existence of an old-school soccer game entitled Mundial Ronaldinho 64. Many people call this game is bootleg from the original version and eventually became a meme. Why games Mundial Ronaldinho 64 suddenly became a meme on the internet? Instead of being confused and curious, let’s find out together!
Old Football Game Memes, Mundial Ronaldinho 64
Mundial Ronaldinho 64 is a soccer sports game that was released in 1998 on console Nintendo 64. This game is only distributed in Brazil by the Peruvian company TEG. Why is this game only distributed in Brazil? That’s because actually this game is a game bootleg from the game titled International Superstar Soccer 64 developed by Konami.
This game has many changes from the version International Superstar Soccer 64, starting from the UI, commentators and most importantly the inro opening. It turns out that the party who released the game bootleg This one, namely TEG Peru, is a group that pirated the original game into their version. And of course their actions are already illegal.
You can see for yourself the comparison between International Superstar Soccer 64 with Mundial Ronaldinho 64 from the video below.
Twin Eagles Group (TEG Group)
Twin Eagles Group or abbreviated as TEG Group is a hack group that turns an original game product into their version. They are located in the country of Peru and are very famous for piracy games for the SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System). The results of the piracy games they make privately and sell to retailers.
Not Just Games Mundial Ronaldinho 64 hijacked
Besides Mundial Ronaldinho 64, it turns out that the TEG Group has done a lot of piracy of original games. The games they pirated include Speedy Gonzales: The Los Gatos Bandidos hack which they turned into Sonic the Hedgehog 4. They also did a football game hack that added South American teams (mostly from Peru, but also from Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Bolivia). ).
You can see the list of games below with the original version titles that they have pirated:
- 101 Dalmatians (original version titled Beethoven’s 2nd)
- Bananas in Pajamas (original version titled Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool)
- Flubber (original version titled Jelly Boy)
- Excitante Football (original version titled International Superstar Soccer)
- Men In Black (original version titled The Blues Brothers)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (original version titled Sparkster)
- Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (original version titled Street Fighter II: The World Warrior)
- Tarzan (original version titled Disney’s The Jungle Book)
- Titanic (original version titled SAUCE)
There is currently no news from TEG Group. The last game they developed was The King of Peru 2 which was released on July 17, 2021.